Monday, June 14, 2010

Mission Call

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on earth!

I got my mission call just over a month ago. Time definitely flies! I will help to move the truth along in Southern Concepcion, Chile :)

I am way way way way stoked! It's a little strange, because I'm already feeling sad for when I have to leave Concepcion in two years, and I have not even been there yet. I'm starting to love the people there already, and I have been praying regularly for my future investigators, that they will be prepared to understand and accept the greatest news they will ever hear.

Here are some scriptures that I have recently found to be amazing:
Alma 17-18 - Ammon is awesome and wanted to stay in the land of Ishmael and teach the people, so he becomes a servant to king Lamoni. Because of his amazing acts of service, Lamoni was "astonished exceedingly" because of how humble and dilligent Ammon was. He heroically saved all of the king's flocks (and cut off a few arms in the process) and then he continued to do his duty of taking care of Lamoni's horses and chariots. Lamoni could not believe that someone as strong and mighty as Ammon would still be serving him faithfully by taking care of his horses. He then asks for Ammon to be brought to him, and asked him why he is the way he is. He taught Lamoni many powerful truths, and Lamoni believed them all. He pretty much summed it all up in Alma 18: 34-35. What a stud! Ammon was so effective in his missionary work because he loved the people, served them, and then taught the truth through the Spirit. This is the pattern that we should ALL follow as members of the true Church of Jesus Christ!
I would strongly recommend to everyone single person who is reading this right now to read the Book of Mormon. It is true. I know it is. There is NO WAY Joseph Smith wrote it. If you read it, and pray with a sincere heart to know if it is true, you will gain a testimony and know for yourself of its divine origin.

Dallin Gomez reporting. Over and out :)

1 comment: